This course is designed to equip you with the values, knowledge and practical skills that employers in the civil engineering industry require. You will develop your understanding of the professional areas within the civil engineering profession.
The course includes both theory and practical based work that will give you an opportunity to experience work onsite and help you learn to take responsibility for your contribution within a team working on a project. You will also learn how to think and research independently and apply that to the workplace. You will gain the skills and understanding to develop and deliver economic designs and understand how emerging technologies are affecting the design and production phases of civil engineering projects.
- Construction practice and management
- Construction technology
- Science & materials
- Construction information (drawings)
- Surveying, measuring and setting out
- Mathematics for construction
- Individual project
- Structural design
You will need to be aged 18 years or over on or before 31 August of the academic year the course commences.
You will need a minimum of 120 UCAS points which may be gained from one of the following qualifications:
- Two A Levels
- One A Level and an AS Level pass in an appropriate subject
- BTEC National Diploma or Extended Diploma
- BTEC National Certificate
- Level 3 Diploma or equivalent such as NVQ, GNVQ, International Baccalaureate, Scottish Certificate of Education
- A recognised (Kitemarked) Access course
- Other relevant international qualifications
Alternatively, if you have significant relevant work experience or other professional qualifications, you may be eligible for the course. Contact the College and we can arrange for you to attend an open day to discuss your experience and suitability for the course.
To find out more about UCAS points, please visit https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/ucas-undergraduate-entry-requirements
You could seek employment in the industry, progress to a civil engineering degree, or seek Incorporated or Chartered Civil Engineering status.