This course is ideal for those who are already working in, or training for, a technician role in the construction industry and are looking to enhance their qualifications to move to the next stage of their career. The course may also be suitable for individuals who want to enter the construction industry at trainee technician level.
You will gain a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in the construction sector; the course is perfect for anyone who wishes to develop their career in construction. You will also gain an understanding on how emerging technologies affect the design and production phases of construction projects, develop the ability to think independently, solve problems and develop leadership and management skills.
Key units studied:
- Individual project
- Construction technology
- Science & materials
- Construction practice & management
- Legal & statutory responsibilities in construction
- Construction information (drawing, detailing, specification)
- Building information modelling
- Site supervision & operations
You will need to be aged 18 years or over on or before 31 August of the academic year the course commences.
You must have GCSE maths and English at Grade 4 or above, or an equivalent Level 2 qualification, and at least one of the following qualifications:
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Construction
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Civil Engineering
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma/Certificate in Construction
- 120 UCAS points from a minimum of one full A Level in an appropriate subject, for example science, preferably with maths at AS Level or a relevant Level 3 qualification
Alternatively, if you have significant relevant work experience or other professional qualifications, you may be eligible for the course.
To find out more about UCAS points, please visit https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/ucas-undergraduate-entry-requirements
You may use the skills you have learnt to seek employment in the construction industry. You could also continue your studies and progress onto the full-time degree in Construction Management or a related subject.