South & City College and the National Student Survey
What is the National Student Survey (NSS)?
The NSS is an annual survey of nearly half a million final year higher education (HE) students across the UK. It gives students a powerful voice to help shape the future of their course at their university or college. The survey of 27 questions is designed to assess students' opinions of the quality of their education and includes an "overall satisfaction" mark.
Key highlights of survey for South & City College
The college’s overall satisfaction rate of 75% is the same as the national average, however South & City has outperformed the average in several important areas.
• Over ¾ of HE students said that the course challenged them to achieve their best work
• Assessment and feedback responses are above the average across the board, including marking being perceived as fair, timely together with helpful feedback on work submitted.
• 80% of students felt that they received good advice and guidance in relation to their course and that they had opportunities to provide feedback
• 100% of the students on the HND in Art & Design felt the course was intellectually stimulating and were happy with their course
• 100% of students studying HND in Early Childhood & Care felt they received helpful comments on their work and have been able to contact staff when they need to
• 90% of students studying HND Business & Management felt the subject was made interesting, were challenged to achieve their best work and received helpful feedback on their work.
Dale Woolley, Dean of Higher Education said, “These latest NSS results demonstrate that we have students who are clearly satisfied with their learning experience at the college, despite the ongoing challenges of the national lockdown and Covid-19. The results are due to the exceptional hard work of our students and the dedication of our expert staff, both teaching and support, who create an environment and experience which encourages students to achieve their potential.”
With our dedicated University Level Centres at our Digbeth and Longbridge (Bournville College) campuses, excellent links with employers and industry-related facilities, studying a University Level course with South & City College Birmingham is a viable alternative to university.
For more information and to see the range of courses on offer, visit www.sccb.ac.uk/courses/university-level or contact us today for advice and information:
Call: 0121 694 5000