South and City College Nursery is a Grade 1 Outstanding early years nursery situated within the college grounds at Hall Green Campus in Birmingham. The nursery is a service for the students of the college, providing care for children from four months to four years old.
The nursery provides work placements for students on childcare courses, giving them on-the-job experience of working in an excellent childcare setting.
The nursery was awarded a Grade 1 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in January 2014. Ofsted reported:
- Children are highly valued and benefit from interesting learning experiences provided by well experienced and qualified staff.
- The nursery provides an exceptionally inviting environment.
- There are excellent arrangements for safeguarding in the nursery and the staff have a very well-developed understand of their responsibilities to protect children.
- Children are highly valued and the superb key person arrangements ensure they form strong relationships and are happy.
- There is an extremely successful partnership with parents, who pay glowing tribute to the staff in the nursery.
- Children are very well prepared for their future learning, independence is promoted and children are superbly supported as they progress towards their early learning goals.
To read the full report click/visit: http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/
The nursery support students, children and families who have English as an additional language and who may have additional needs. Every family is unique and support is given through successful partnerships.
Centre for Research in Early Childhood
The nursery has been awarded a nationally recognised assurance of quality accreditation working alongside the centre for research in early childhood (CREC) on a setting reflective and improvement plan, and the nursery is now part of the elite childcare settings within Birmingham.
The team has successfully completed a three-year programme with the NHS and Birmingham council.
Startwell is an obesity prevention programme for early years settings aimed at educating the workforce to tackle the growing issue of children becoming overweight.
Staff work in partnership with parents to educate and help children make healthy choices with food and fitness.
We want to improve healthy eating and physical development for children and for this to continue into adulthood.
The setting has achieved an extremely high grade in food hygiene
Contact details:The NurserySouth and City College BirminghamCole Bank RoadHall GreenBirmingham B28 8ES
Tel: 0121 694 5034