F-Gases for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning City & Guilds
This course is available to students who are already studying a refrigeration and air conditioning main programme course.
Students who are able to attend the City & Guilds course are provided with the knowledge required to meet the legal requirements for working with Fluorinated Gases or F-Gases and/or other ozone deleting substances.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with health and safety of our students as a priority, we have redesigned this course to include a mixture of classroom-based and online learning.
What areas will I study?
Key areas of study include:
- Identify basic systems
- Identify effects of global warming, climate change, effects of ozone depletion
- Identify hazards and safe working practices for installation, commissioning and handling of refrigerants
- Record keeping for pressure testing, evacuation, refrigerant charging, leak checking
- Recovery and disposal of refrigerants
- Terms and principles units and how these relate to theory and thermodynamics of vapour compression cycles and refrigerants