F-Gases for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning City & Guilds
It is a legal requirement for engineers working in the UK to be F-Gas certified. This qualification is designed to enable refrigeration and air conditioning engineers to meet legal requirements in relation to the qualifications required to work with Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases, otherwise known as F-Gases.
This course is available to anybody who wishes to study for the F Gas (Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases) qualification. Industry experience is desired but is not mandatory.
Students who attend this City & Guilds course are provided with the knowledge required to meet the legal requirements for working with Fluorinated Gases or F-Gases and/or other ozone deleting substances.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with health and safety of our students as a priority, we have redesigned this course to include a mixture of classroom-based and online learning.
What areas will I study?
Key areas of study include:
- Identify basic systems
- Identify effects of global warming, climate change, effects of ozone depletion
- Identify hazards and safe working practices for installation, commissioning and handling of refrigerants
- Record keeping for pressure testing, evacuation, refrigerant charging, leak checking
- Recovery and disposal of refrigerants
- Terms and principles units and how these relate to theory and thermodynamics of vapour compression cycles and refrigerants