How you will learn
A range of teaching and learning methods will be used during your higher education programme which may include:
- Tutorial support groups
- Practical classroom based activities
- Group and individual presentations
- Group projects
- Independent learning/self directed study
- Work place investigations
- Online learning materials
- Work placements
There are libraries at each main college site, and the libraries at Digbeth and Bordesley Green have resources specific for higher education students.
You can access:
- Text books, recommended texts and background reading
- Fiction and recreational reading
- CDs and DVDs
- Computers with internet, printing, electronic resources, applications and more
Moodle is a virtual learning environment for the benefit of all students. Information about your course, assignments, the college, how to access support and more is included on Moodle. You can also access a wide range of electronic resources through Moodle, as detailed below
A collection of e-books to support courses within the college, including:
- Dawson ebooks
Business Source Elite - This business database provides full text for over 1,000 business publications dating back to 1985. It also includes over 10,000 company profiles from Datamonitor.
Computer Source - Full text for nearly 300 publications covering the latest information and current trends in high technology.
Education Research Complete - The definitive online resource for education research, covering all levels from early childhood to higher education and specialties such as multilingual education, health education and testing. Provides full text for more than 1,200 journals and nearly 500 books and monographs.
Other online resources
- Childlink - Up to date information on welfare, education, health, lifestyle, justice, youth affairs, employment, and benefit issues.
- Issues Online - A comprehensive reference source addressing contemporary social issues.
- Infotrac and Onefile - Full-text material from a range of newspapers and magazines.
- Newsfilm online - 3000 hours of news footage.
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online - Current scholarship in the field for students, scholars, government officials, community groups, and librarians to foster a more accurate and informed understanding of the Islamic world.
- Intered - An online resource for teachers and education professionals working in early years, primary and secondary education.
- Rock's Back Pages - An archive of music journalism.
- JISC Mediahub - Video, image and audio files from a wide range of collections including: Channel 4, Imperial War Museum, ITN, National Library of Scotland, Reuters, Royal Mail Film Classics, Wellcome Collection and many more.
- Streaming Video - A series of video to support early years, education and health and social care programmes on topics such as autism, alcohol addiction, social psychology etc.