South and City College Birmingham is led by the Principal, Mike Hopkins and a senior leadership team comprising of:
- Sardul Dhesi, Acting Deputy Principal
- Assistant Principal x 5
- Kate Whiting, Clerk, Deputy Director of Human Resources
- Parveen Ghulam, Deputy Clerk, Assistant Director of Legal Services
South & City College Birmingham is directed and governed by its Chair, Professor Philip Walkling, Vice Chair, Clive Henderson and Board of Governors. The role of all college governors is voluntary, and governors are drawn from various professional backgrounds including, business, industry, law, finance and education. The Board of Governors are responsible for setting strategic direction, ensuring accountability and monitoring college performance. The Board of Governors is supported by a number of Committees:
• Student Services
• Planning , Resources and Estates
• Employment and Equalities
• Senior Staff Remuneration
The above committees are responsible for considering college matters which fall with the relevant committee of responsibility. The committee then feeds back any matters or issues to the full Governing Body.
The Corporation Office consists of the Clerk to Corporation - Kate Whiting, Parveen Ghulam – Deputy Clerk, and Corporation Co-ordinator/PA – Julie Groom.
Available below is a downloadable zip file which includes the following information in PDF format:
- Minutes of Audit Commitee Meeting - Tuesday 17th April 2012
- Commitee Structure Chat
- Corporation Procedure
- Corporation Structure
- Employment & Equalities
- Governor Profiles
- Planning Resources
- Search Commitee Meeting Minutes
- Standards Commitee Meeting Minutes
- Student Services Commitee Meeting Minutes
Download Zip of Governance Documentation click here.