Health & Care
There will be a time in everyone’s lives when they need some care and support from a health and social care worker. Our health and social care courses are designed so you have the skills needed to work with some of society’s most vulnerable people, including the elderly, children, and adults with learning difficulties. We have a range of full time BTEC health and social care courses, from entry level up to higher education, and health and social care apprenticeships. We also offer part time health and social care training courses for those who cannot study full time and for those already working in the industry who want to further their qualifications.
The health and social care industry
The NHS is the UK’s largest employer of health and social care, providing 1.7 million people with health and social care jobs. In the West Midlands, more than 112,000 people are employed the NHS, mainly working in our biggest hospitals such as the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital and the Children’s Hospital. Over half of the people working in health and social care in Birmingham work with the elderly.
Study online with South and City College Birmingham and E-careers.
- BTEC Award in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 1
- CACHE Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in the Adult Social Care Sector 19+
- CACHE Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children and Young People's Settings 16-18
- CACHE Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children and Young People's Settings 19+
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Childcare Level 3
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care Level 3
- CACHE Certificate in Health and Social Care Level 3
- CACHE Pathway Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- EDEXCEL(3) 90-Credit Diploma in Health & Social Care
- Workplace Certificate in Advice and Guidance Level 3
- Workplace Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 3
Are you undecided about your next step? We can help you choose the right course for you.Get Advice