Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering - Dual Fuel (7428-23)
With the introduction of smart meters, there is an ever increasing demand for smart meter installers across the UK. The Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering - Dual Fuel, is designed to equip those successful with the skills and knowledge required to install smart gas and electric dual fuel meters.
Candidates must be employed with an energy provider and be able to access onsite supervised work placements by an authorised third party in order to complete the work-based element of the training.
The course is delivered in block release format, where you will spend some weeks in college and others working onsite with an experienced dual fuel smart meter installer.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with health and safety of our students as a priority, we have redesigned this course to be delivered online as much as possible.
What areas will I study?
Subjects studied include:
- Working safely in the energy and utilities sector
- Using and communicating technical information in the energy and utilities sector
- Install and commission communication systems for smart meters
- Install single phase meter and associated equipment
- Applied practices and principles for installing low pressure natural gas smart meters up to U6 only
- Prepare, install and commission low pressure natural gas smart meter
- Low pressure gas smart meter tightness testing and direct purging