Care & Childcare Entry Level Certificate
This course is a progression course for Foundation learners who have obtained English E2 or ESOL E3 qualifications, including those with special educational needs or where English is an additional language.
If you have an interest in Childcare – personal or professional – but need to improve your essential skills, then this course could be the one for you.
This course can support you to progress to further education programmes in caring for children and young people, and improve your maths, English and digital skills.
What areas will I study?
Key areas of study include:
- Health and safety in the home and workplace
- Listening and talking to others
- Eating healthily
- Routines for a young child
- Providing a safe and hygienic environment for a young child
- Play and learning in the home
- Responsibilities of new parents
- Children’s play and leisure activities in the community
- Healthy lifestyle
- Essential Skills – English (speaking, listening, reading and writing), maths and Digital skills
- Confidence, team work and problem solving skills