Gas Engineering Utilisation and Technical Installation (9074-03)
The Level 3 Diploma in Gas Utilisation and Technical Installation is for individuals who are currently working or want to work within the gas sector as a gas engineer. It will allow you to develop the knowledge and practise the skills required for employment in the gas engineering industry.
You will develop and practise the skills required for employment in gas engineering such as relevant gas safety principles, installing and maintaining appliances such as gas cookers, tumble dryers and central heating.
Upon successful completion of the course you can apply for your Gas Safe Card and become a registered Gas Engineer.
What areas will I study?
Key areas that you will study:
- Health and safety in gas utilisation
- Scientific principles in gas utilisation
- Combustion and properties of gas
- Buildings services and structures
- Gas safety principles
- Specific core installation and maintenance
- Tightness test, purge, commission and de-commission gas pipework
- Install domestic gas water heaters and wet central heating appliances
- The installation, commissioning and safety aspects of hot water systems for domestic use