Sport BTEC National Diploma
This qualification is equivalent to 2 A Levels and is typically the major qualification in a full two-year study programme. It allows you to specialise in the sports sector with the view to progress onto higher education. There will also be the opportunity to complete a number of coaching qualifications and work experience as part of the programme to make you more employable. The new specification covers a range of subjects that are current and will prepare you for the sports industry.
The Sport BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma enables you to learn about the theory behind sport in great depth. You will have the opportunity to gain experience for use in the workplace or as a stepping stone to higher education. The variety of subjects will enable you to study most areas of sport and will help you decide which field you wish to work towards.
What areas will I study?
You will cover a range of units which will be assessed in a number of different ways:
- Internal assignments: Work-related assignments set and marked by the centre
- External Tasks: Practical, work-related tasks, set and marked by Pearson
- Written exams: Written answers to practical questions set and marked by Pearson
- Synoptic units: You can demonstrate your application of skills, knowledge and techniques learned
The following units are mandatory:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Fitness training and programming for health sports and well-being
- Investigating Business in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry
- Skill acquisition in sport
- Sports leadership
- Practical sports performance
- Coaching for sports performance
- Application of fitness testing
GCSE English and maths resit is mandatory if you do not have grade 4/C as part of your study programme.