Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuit Training Sessions
The aim of this qualification is to provide those learners who already possess a valid fitness instructor qualification with the additional knowledge; understanding and skills required to plan and instruct group circuit training sessions.
The content of this course reflects the competencies required to become a safe and effective group circuit training instructor. Assessment methods in the course will be a combination of coursework and practical examinations.
What areas will I study?
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
- Methods of collecting participant information
- Principles of screening participants prior to exercise including the use of the physical activity readiness questionnaire (PAR-Q)
- How to use participant information to assist with the planning of safe and effective group circuit training sessions
- How to use music to enhance group circuit training sessions
Skills relating to the qualification:
- Assessment and screening of participants
- Preparing self, equipment and environment for group circuit training sessions
- Instructing group circuit training sessions
- Evaluating own performance