Beauty Therapy NVQ Certificate Level 1 Level: 1 | Location: Hall Green Campus|Bournville Campus
Beauty Therapy Technical Certificate Level 2 Level: 2 | Location: Hall Green Campus|Bournville Campus
Foundation Degree in Specialist Hair and Media Makeup (awarded by University College Birmingham) Level: 5 | Location: Digbeth Campus
Hair and Make-up Artistry Technical Certificate Level 2 Level: 2 | Location: Hall Green Campus|Bournville Campus
Technical Certificate in Nail Treatments Level: 2 | Location: Hall Green Campus
The theatrical makeup industry has an annual turnover of around £500 million and employs about 35,000 people. The specialist hair and theatrical media makeup industry is also growing at a rapid rate with job opportunities on film sets, theatre and TV to name a few. Become part of this glamorous industry by getting hands-on on one of our Theatrical Media Makeup courses.
Why study Theatrical Makeup with us?
- We run theatrical makeup courses from three of our campuses and at Bournville College, in real, purpose-built salons
- Our tutors will bring their years of industry experience to their teaching in the classroom
- You will be hands-on in your course, getting stuck in from day one
- We have a purpose-built specialist hair and theatrical makeup studio at Digbeth
- You will learn valuable customer service skills
- You will be able to take part in our annual Hair and Beauty show, do the makeup for the college fashion shows, as well as other competitions, we have even had students work on a film set
Your future in Theatrical Media Makeup
Your new skills and qualification could enable you find work in this creative industry as a hair or makeup artist or business owner. Our students have gone on to set up their own salons and mobile businesses, to work in traditional beauty salons as well as working in the growing industry of leisure spas, cruise ships, hotel chains and TV sets.
Why not join them? Take a look at our range of courses.