With our dedicated University Level Centre, excellent links with employers and industry-related facilities, studying a University Level course with South & City College Birmingham is a viable alternative to university. South & City College Birmingham is one of the largest and most successful colleges with over 13,000 students and some of the highest achievement rates in the country. What’s more, South and City College Birmingham is proud to be recognised ranked Silver under the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
You can choose the right programme to suit your needs and fit in with work and family life- whether that is part-time, full-time or even distance learning.
Our courses are run in partnership with well-established universities such as Birmingham City University, University College Birmingham, Newman University and are highly regarded by employers.
James Burgess, BA (Hons) Popular Music
“SCCB exceeded my expectations in many ways. The first thing that was very apparent to me was the professionalism and relevance to working in the actual music industry the course had. This is an area that many academic courses lack in my previous experience. As a working musician I meet a lot of ex SCCB students on the local scene.
The facilities are advanced compared to many other institutions in the country. Mainly because of the on-site venue. I was able to gain work from both studio demo recordings and YouTube videos, all of which were made to a professional standard using the course’s facilities for completely free. I have been involved with bands that have previously paid over a thousand pounds for similar quality.
Although hard work the course was very fun at times especially in the practical assessments. The tutors actually joined in some of our practical assessments which was greatly beneficial to actually perform with people of that level of experience. I also found the one to one instrumental lessons really opened up my mind of how to push the boundaries of my instrument.
I also had the opportunity to meet one of my favourite drummers Thomas Lang when he visited to deliver a drum clinic to students and the public.
Towards the end of my course, due to working commitments I couldn’t always make it to every session but both tutors Simon Lesley and Nik Wells were more than happy to organise one to one sessions to make sure I was on the right track with my work. I believe that the tutors accessibility and attitude to helping students was the main reason in me achieving my overall grade of 1st Class Honours.
Overall the course has been extremely beneficial both practically and academically. I’ve had a brilliant time and developed relationships with many great people. I feel ready to enter the working world with confident knowledge of my skill set.”
The benefits of studying your higher education course with us:
- Lower tuition costs
- Great employer links
- A dedicated University Centre including dedicated study and social areas.
- Smaller class sizes
- Stay close to home
- Download Access and Widening Participation Statement
- Download University Level Prospectus
- Fee Information and Finance
- Learning Resources
- Support for Learning
- Support for Students
- Assessment and Grading
- Open Days
- Higher Education Facilities
- B.A.(Hons) Business & Management (top up)
- B.A.(Hons) Early Childhood Studies (awarded by University College Birmingham)
- B.A.(Hons) Popular Music Practice (top up)
- DET in Post-Compulsory Education and Training (PCET) (Awarded by Birmingham City University)
- Foundation Degree in Art & Design (validated by University of Wolverhampton)
- Foundation Degree in Early Years
- Foundation Degree in Specialist Hair and Media Make-up (awarded by University College Birmingham)
- Foundation Degree in Sports Coaching (validated by Newman University)
- Foundation Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management (awarded by University College Birmingham)
- HNC Business & Management
- HNC in Automotive Diagnostics and Management Principles
- HNC in Building Services Engineering (Heating Ventilation and AirCon) - Construction
- HNC in Civil Engineering - Construction
- HNC in Construction and the Built Environment
- HNC to HND Business & Management Top-Up
- HND Advanced Practice in Early Years and Education
- HND Biological Sciences for Industry
- HND Building Services Engineering (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning or Electrical)
- HND Business & Accounting
- HND Business & Management
- HND Business & Marketing
- HND Computing and Systems Development
- HND Creative Media Production Moving Image
- HND Fashion & Textiles
- HND Games Design
- HND Health & Social Care
- HND in Construction and the Built Environment
- HND in Popular Music Practice
- HND in Public Services
- HND Sports & Exercise Science