Vacancy for a Co-opted Governor and Vacancy for a Governor
- Are you looking for an opportunity to support and give something back to your community?
- Are you looking to use and develop your skills in a board-level environment?
- Can you support and challenge our college so that it improves for students and staff?
South and City College Birmingham (SCCB), currently an Ofsted grade two college, is one of the largest and most successful vocational colleges in the UK, offering students of all ages, part-time, full time and apprenticeship courses.
We currently have two vacancies.
1. For a Co-opted governor: The College’s Board of Governors wishes to reflect the broad community of the region and welcomes applications from a variety of backgrounds. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with Higher Education practical working experience. In particular, someone who is currently working in or has recently retired from a senior, strategic position in an HEI and who can give us a good insight into current political and policy thinking. Ideally, the candidate would have experience of monitoring the HE curriculum and of dealing with the Office for Students (OfS) and the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), as well as current or recent exposure to other senior HE professionals and to those leading the political thinking on future developments in HE.
The position would offer a chance for someone to support an important facet of HE provision that is often either overlooked or dismissed by the HE establishment in general and the OfS in particular.
2. For a Governor: The College’s Board of Governors wishes to reflect the broad community of the region and welcomes applications from a variety of backgrounds. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with Schools experience at a Head Teacher Level or Deputy Head preferably with Curriculum experience . You must have a keen interest in the College and be prepared to play an active part in the governing body’s work
These are voluntary appointments and therefore unpaid, however, reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
Join us and be part of achieving a friendly and supportive community that together is creating one of the best education experiences in the Midlands.
Please read the document of the role of a governor.
If this opportunity excites you, to join our board of passionate governors, then please email a copy of your CV and covering letter describing why you feel you would be an ideal candidate as a co-opted governor for SCCB to:
Clerk to Corporation
Tel: 0121 694 5100
Please also contact the Clerk, if you would like to learn more about the role of a governor prior to applying.
Closing Date: Monday 14 June at 12:00
South and City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the college are subject to completion to a satisfactory certificate from the disclosure barring service. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.