How do I apply and what documents do I need to submit for Tier 4?
Most courses start in September and with courses filling up fast you will need to get your application in quickly to secure your place. Below you will find details of our application process for Tier 4 students. For applicants wishing to study one of the English Language courses the process is slightly different, please see English Language School
Step 1. Initial Enquiry
Take a look at our information about the college, courses and fees both online and in the International Guide. If you need help choosing the right course then please contact us.
Step 2. Application
Download and complete the Tier 4 International Application Form
Remember to attach everything on the checklist
DOCUMENTS THAT NEED SUBMITTING AT TIME OF APPLICATION
• Copies of qualifications - If you are using documents that are not in English, you must also provide an official translation. The translation must contain Confirmation from the translator or translation company that It is an accurate translation of the original document; The date of the translation; The full name and signature of the translator or of an authorised official of the translation company; The translator or translation company's contact details.
Secure English Language Test certificate
• Please note that if you need an IELTS test for UK visa applications, you can only take them at a UKVI approved IELTS test centre.
• Clear copy of your passport cover and personal details page
• Detailing reason as to why you wish to apply for the course
• Financial evidence of maintenance and tuition fees - Bank statements confirming that you have enough money to cover your tuition fees for the first year and £1015 per month for living costs up to a maximum of 9 months, also referred to as maintenance.
• Please note that you must be able to prove that the money has been in your or your parent's/legal guardian's account for 28 days. Do not submit your Tier 4 application unless you meet this requirement or your visa will be refused
References from previous educational institutions
Required for selected countries (see list of countries on the www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa website)
Step 3. Offer Letter
Once we have processed your application we will issue you with a conditional offer if you meet the international admission and course entry criteria. This offer will be subject to a number of conditions which must be met before your place can be confirmed, including a Skype interview.
Step 4. Payment of Fees
When we confirm that you have met all of the conditions of the offer you will then need to pay the full first year's fee. The preferred method is bank transfer. Our bank details will be supplied in our letter to you.
PLEASE NOTE: The first £300 of this fee is a non-refundable administration charge. Details of our refund policy can be found here.
Step 5. CAS
When we are in receipt of your fee we will assign your CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies). You will use this to apply for your visa
Step 6. Visa Application
Your visa application will need to be made online. (If you do not have an agent then) We will guide you in this process.
Guidance on how to apply for your Tier 4 visa
The earliest you can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa is three months before the start date of the course.
1. Complete online Tier 4 application form https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/tier4
2. Pay Immigration Heath Surcharged (I H S) https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/how-much-pay and https://visa-fees.homeoffice.gov.uk/y
3. Book your appointment at a visa application center (to get a biometric residence permit and to have your fingerprints scanned) as part of your application
4. Attend biometrics appointment (scan and upload your documents before the appointment)
5. If asked Attend Creditability Interview
During your interview a UKVI member of staff may ask you about your course, where you will be studying, and why you have chosen your specific course also why you have chosen to study in the UK and how you plan to finance your studies. They must be satisfied that you are a genuine student, and that your English language ability is at the correct level.
6. Home Office will contact you with a decision within 3 weeks and depending on the type of service used but visa processing times vary by country)
Once you have arrived in the UK collect your biometric residence permit (BRP) within 10 days of your arrival and book your police registration within 7 days of UK arrival